Registered dietitian Kari Derbyshire, right, with patient John-David Malta
Our health team includes a registered dietitian, who works with your family doctor to help you set personal goals for healthy eating. Group workshops and one-on-one appointments can help you:
- Set personal goals for dietary changes
- Access practical nutrition advice related to diabetes, liver, heart or kidney conditions.
- Manage digestive issues, celiac disease and food allergies.
- Receive support during and after pregnancy.
- Learn about healthy eating and nutrition for all ages.
Ask a Dietitian group workshops
Led by our team of registered dietitians, free Ask a Dietitian group appointments give you healthy eating tips in a group setting.
Three types of workshops help patients with different needs:
- Diabetes or pre-diabetes: for patients with impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance, Type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood sugars or borderline diabetes.
- Weight management: for patients who are overweight or looking to lose weight.
- High blood pressure or cholesterol: for patients with high blood pressure or cholesterol, dyslipidemia, hypertension, high triglycerides, a history of heart attack/stroke/myocardial infarction (MI) or hyperlipidemia.
Find out more about Ask a Dietitian.
Read patient John-David Malta’s story about his appointment with our registered dietitian.
Find healthy recipes and nutrition advice from our registered dietitians on our blog.
Request an appointment
Ask your doctor if a referral to a dietitian is right for you, register for a group workshop or book an appointment with a dietitian through our program coordinator at 1-855-79-CFPCN (23726).
Appointments with registered dietitians are available at:
- Bowness Community Association: 7904 43 Avenue NW
- Vivo for Healthier Generations: 11950 Country Village Link NE
- Wild Rose United Church: 1317 1 Street NW
- Foothills Primary Care Centre*: Suite 310, 1620 29 Street NW
- Crowfoot Primary Care Centre*: Suite 201, 60 Crowfoot Crescent NW
- Riley Park Primary Care Centre*: Suite 171, 1402 8 Avenue NW
*Note: These locations are subject to change. Call the program coordinator at 1-855-79-CFPCN for the latest information