The Communications Specialist reports to the Senior Communications Manager and is integral to the operation and efficiencies of the Calgary Foothills Primary Care Network's main office. The Communications Specialist is a skilled all-rounder who can deputize for the Senior Communications Manager in their absence.
The Communications Specialist reports to the Senior Communications Manager and is integral to the operation and efficiencies of the Calgary Foothills Primary Care Network (PCN) main office. The Communications Specialist is a skilled all-rounder who can deputize for the Senior Communications Manager in their absence.
Key aspects of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement social media campaigns
- Create and manage content for a wide variety of communications tools, including brochures, reports, posters, presentations, video, websites, newsletters and magazines
- Assist in the development of internal and external communication plans and change management strategies
- Help manage the PCN’s public, member-based and staff websites
- Provide media relations support to staff, management and physicians, as needed
- Ability to lead and manage projects while working independently, or as part of a team
- Help with event planning, which may involve some evening or weekend work
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- An understanding of communications planning principles and brand management
- Superior writing/editing skills for a variety of media, including print and website
- Proven capacity for initiative and strong project management skills, with an ability to meet deadlines
- Graphic design skills and thorough understanding of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Ability to shoot and edit video an asset
- Strategic and tactical excellence
- Independent and self-driven with proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Basic knowledge of HTML, social media expertise and familiarity with the health sector are all assets
- Degree or Diploma or Certificate in Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- Minimum five years progressive communications experience
- Membership of IABC, CPRS or other professional associations considered an asset
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic organization that is making a difference in the community, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit cover letter and resume in one document. Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.