Do you have a nutrition question? Want to discuss it with an expert?
Our free Ask a Dietitian group appointments are led by a registered dietitian who can give you healthy eating tips.
Get professional advice from a qualified expert while learning from others who have similar health questions.
Register online for one of three group appointments designed for patients who need help with:
- Diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Weight Management
Ask a Dietitian group appointments can help answer questions such as:
- How can I shop on a tighter budget?
- What are some ways to make my food last longer?
- How do I reduce my salt intake?
- I have diabetes. Should I eat fruit?
- How can I lose weight?
- What should I look for on food labels?
“I found it very intriguing to hear what other people asked, and what I was able to learn from their questions. They asked things that I had never even thought of. It was a very rewarding experience.” ~ Cheryl Aitkens, three-time Ask a Dietitian participant
Which group is right for me?
- Diabetes or pre-diabetes: For patients with impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance, Type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood sugars or borderline diabetes.
- Weight Management: For patients who are interested in learning about nutrition for healthy weight management.
Note: Group appointments are not suitable for patients with gestational or Type 1 diabetes, low weight or eating disorders, unintentional weight loss, post-bariatric (weight loss) surgery, or congestive heart failure. Please talk to your doctor if you need help with these conditions.
Ask a Dietitian group appointments are open to adults aged 18 or over.
All classes are currently being held virtually.
You can register by:
- Booking online
- Calling our program coordinator at 1-855-79-CFPCN (23726) or 587-774-9736
- Asking your family doctor or health team member for a referral
Note: To book an appointment with the health team or access group workshops you must be a resident of Alberta currently living in the province.
If you are planning to attend an Ask a Dietitian appointment, please download and complete the 3-Day Food and Activity Journal and have it ready for your first class.