Alberta Anxiety to Calm™ is a simple, positive, empowering workshop. It is a free four-week workshop run by mental health professionals. Alberta Anxiety to Calm™ program teaches low-tech and low-cost skills that are accessible to everyone.
Who it’s for
Anxiety to Calm is for anyone aged 18 or older who:
- struggles with anxiety
- has felt anxiety stop them from doing their usual activities
- is held back from living their best life
- wants to learn proven skills that will help them manage their anxiety
All participants are encouraged to make a personal decision to commit to the program.
If you are in the midst of a crisis, struggling with severe depression or anxiety or having suicidal thoughts, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER. Call the Distress Centre’s 24-hour helpline at 403-266-4357 or 211.
What you’ll learn
Over four weeks, you will practice skills to help manage anxiety. The workshop addresses three key areas:
- Find calm: Learn exercises that will help me to manage my anxiety
- Challenge myself: Challenge my thoughts, behaviours and emotions
- Live well: Learn to improve my lifestyle
You will be introduced to a few evidence-based skills each week throughout the workshop. It will take commitment and practice to incorporate these skills into your daily life.
You can register for this virtual workshop by: