Happiness Basics is a free workshop that teaches you skills to boost your overall happiness. It is a four-week course and weekly classes run for two hours.
Joining a Happiness Basics workshop has been shown to:
- Improve mood, vitality and energy levels
- Boost physical and mental health
- Reduce pain
It is based on positive psychology, which aims to make normal life more fulfilling.
What you learn
Guided by trained health professionals, the workshop shows you how happy people think and offers 11 practical skills you can practice to create happiness daily. Skills include savouring the moment, mindfulness and volunteering. Become an everyday hero!
Happiness is a state of mind that you can choose and reinforce daily to:
- Increase the number of positive experiences in your life
- Be more engaged with friends and your community
- Expand opportunities for achievement
Happiness Basics is open to anyone aged 18 or older.
It is not suitable for people experiencing severe anxiety, depression or suicidal thoughts.
If you are in the midst of a crisis, struggling with severe depression or anxiety or having suicidal thoughts, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER.
Please call the Distress Centre’s 24-hour helpline at 403-266-4357 or 211.
Workshops are being held virtually.
You can register by:
- Booking online
- Calling our program coordinator at 1-855-79-CFPCN (23726) or 587-774-9736
- Asking your family doctor or health team member for a referral
Happiness Basics represents “a paradigm shift in health care.”
~ Leader, Calgary Foothills PCN behavioural health consultant Brice
Please note: This workshop runs for four consecutive weeks on the same day of the week and time.