Calgary Foothills PCN has launched virtual versions of some free workshops to support your health needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ask a Dietitian
Our Ask a Dietitian — COVID-19 and Nutrition class focuses on food and nutrition-based challenges. The one-hour group class is led by a registered dietitian and allows you to ask questions like:
- How can I shop on a tighter budget?
- What are some ways to make my food last longer?
- How can I manage stress eating during this time?
Craving Change, a free four-week virtual workshop for adults who struggle with problematic eating, including eating for comfort or eating in response to emotions.
Craving Change participants will:
- Learn how to make better food choices
- Identify personal eating stressors
- Develop strategies to control food cravings
Happiness Basics teaches skills to boost overall happiness. It is a four-week course and weekly classes run for two hours.
Joining a Happiness Basics workshop has been shown to:
- Improve mood, vitality and energy levels
- Boost physical and mental health
- Reduce pain
Ask a Social Worker
Our new virtual workshop – Ask a Social Worker — Navigating Financial Supports during COVID-19 – is a one-hour virtual class that provides information on the financial supports available to individuals and families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Find out more about:
- The Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Updates to employment insurance (EI)
- Community resources available during COVID-19
Quit Smoking is a free four-week workshop using proven techniques — such as group peer support — to help adults stop smoking.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Why nicotine is addictive
- Medications, including nicotine replacement therapies, and how they work
- Strategies to help you handle cravings
All workshops are free. Register by: