During the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgary Foothills PCN moved to offer our free workshops online to support your health needs.
With health restrictions now lifted, the PCN is preparing to offer in-person workshops again as well as virtual. Each workshop will rotate between the two formats to accommodate various learning preferences and patient locations.
Upcoming in-person workshops
This fall, several in-person workshops are being re-introduced. See dates and times below:
- Happiness Basics is a four-week virtual workshop teaching adults skills to boost overall happiness. Participants gain 11 practical skills to create happiness daily. The first in-person workshop will run from September 15 to October 6 (Thursdays, 5 – 7 p.m.).
- Craving Change is a four-week workshop for adults who struggle with problematic eating, including eating for comfort or eating in response to emotions. The first in-person workshop will run from October 12 to November 2 (Wednesdays, 5 – 7 p.m.).
- COMPASS for the Caregiver is a four-week workshop teaching caregivers to care for themselves. The first in-person workshop will run from October 12 to November 2 (Wednesdays, 5 – 7 p.m.).
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a two-hour session that provides adults tips and tools to help manage IBS. The first in-person session will run on Thursday, October 20 from 5 – 7 p.m.
In-person workshops will take place in the evening at the PCN’s admin office or at Crowfoot Primary Care Centre.
The PCN offers other workshops related to anxiety and nutrition online. See all group workshops.
COVID-19 safety protocols
To protect the health of in-person attendees and limit the risk of spreading COVID-19, the following safety resources and protocols will be in place:
- required COVID-19 screenings prior to each workshop session
- required masking during the workshops
- hand sanitizer available on site
- physical distancing between participants
How to register
Register for a PCN workshop by booking online through our website, or by calling the program coordinator at 1-855-79-CFPCN (23726) or 587-774-9736.
For more information, see the Workshops page on the PCN website.