During the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgary Foothills PCN moved to offer our free workshops online to support your health needs.
With health restrictions now lifted, the PCN is preparing to offer in-person workshops again as well as virtual. Each workshop will rotate between the two formats to accommodate various learning preferences and patient locations.
Upcoming in-person workshops
This fall, several in-person workshops are being re-introduced. See dates and times below:
- Happiness Basics is a four-week virtual workshop teaching adults skills to boost overall happiness. Participants gain 11 practical skills to create happiness daily. The first in-person workshop will run from September 15 to October 6 (Thursdays, 5 – 7 p.m.).
- Craving Change is a four-week workshop for adults who struggle with problematic eating, including eating for comfort or eating in response to emotions. The first in-person workshop will run from October 12 to November 2 (Wednesdays, 5 – 7 p.m.).
- COMPASS for the Caregiver is a four-week workshop teaching caregivers to care for themselves. The first in-person workshop will run from October 12 to November 2 (Wednesdays, 5 – 7 p.m.).
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a two-hour session that provides adults tips and tools to help manage IBS. The first in-person session will run on Thursday, October 20 from 5 – 7 p.m.
The PCN offers other workshops related to grief, anxiety and nutrition online. See all group workshops.
COVID-19 safety protocols
To protect the health of in-person attendees and limit the risk of spreading COVID-19, the following safety resources and protocols will be in place:
- required COVID-19 screenings prior to each workshop session
- required masking during the workshops
- hand sanitizer available on site
- physical distancing between participants
How to register
Register for a PCN workshop by booking online through our website, or by calling the program coordinator at 1-855-79-CFPCN (23726) or 587-774-9736.
For more information, see the Workshops page on the PCN website.